Custom French Quarter Walking Tour
Custom French Quarter Walking Tour: $400 per guide
Local historians lead this tour that lasts about two-and-a-half hours. We can accommodate any size group. For groups larger than 28 people we will use several tour guides.
People come to the French Quarter in New Orleans from all over the world. They love our signature food and resilient spirit, but there’s a lot more to the Crescent City! This tour is a wonderful opportunity to gain a better understanding of our city’s unique cultures, history, and architecture!
Meander with your private tour guide through the French Quarter. Your guide will connect the rich literary culture of New Orleans with its historic landmarks and residences. Enter the courtyard of a gracious Creole Cottage and learn the mysteries of Creole life.
Custom French Quarter Walking Tour Highlights
- St Louis Cathedral (no inside tour )
- The Cabildo and The Presbytere on Jackson Square
- Exchange Alley
- Madame John’s Legacy
- The Old Ursuline Convent (New Orleans oldest building)
- The Beauregard-Keyes House
- The ‘haunted’ Lalaurie Mansion, and
- The homes of William Faulkner and Tennessee Williams.
Typical, Beautiful Homes on Our French Quarter Walking Tour!
More Custom French Quarter Walking Tour Highlights
While walking by ‘Cafe Du Monde’ you will get an overall view of the Mississippi River flowing through the Port Of New Orleans. You will also pass through the French Market. As you stroll along storied Toulouse and Royal streets, you’ll learn about Spanish 18th century and fashionable 19th-century architecture. You’ll also learn a lot about how women have influenced New Orleans culture through the years. That includes quadroon balls and the Creole tradition of “plaçage.”
19th-century French Creoles plotted Napoleon’s escape from exile. Along the “banquettes” of lovely Rue Chartres, on the way to Jackson Square, you’ll see the place where the plot was hatched! In Jackson Square, you’ll view the Pontalba apartments and the stunningly beautiful St Louis Cathedral!
* For an additional fee, ($ 1.00 per person) add a walking tour of the fascinating St Louis #1 Cemetery. It is located on the edge of the French Quarter and is the oldest operating cemetery in New Orleans. This is where Marie Laveau, the famous Queen of Voodoo is buried! Star-studded movies have been filmed here too. They include “Easy Rider,” “Interview with a Vampire,” “Johnny Handsome,” and many more.
Our professional Tour Guides are native Orleanians and many are long-time residents of the French Quarter.
St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square
Pontalba Buildings in Jackson Square